To meet the market’s demands, exams are now becoming modern and trendier. To address issues like human intervention and long waiting times, Pearson designed the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) for students who struggle, not only in understanding and communicating using the English language, but also in achieving legible penmanship, confidence when speaking and patience to wait for the test scores or next test schedule.
PTE Academic is not your typical English test. Here are seven reasons why:
- If you are one of those who have poor penmanship, give PTE Academic a try. It is purely a computer-based English language test. For the writing section, you will type in a text box with a word counter right below it. No paper. No pen. Just you and the computer.
- If you are one of those who get intimated or anxious when speaking in front of an examiner, you will love PTE Academic. The Speaking section is performed by speaking into a microphone while the computer is recording the audio. You do not have to worry about the examiner’s demeanor and reaction because no one will sit right across you.
- If you are one of those who do not want to wait several agonizing days for the test result, PTE Academic will sound promising to you. You can expect to receive your PTE Test Score within five days. Other English Proficiency tests release score reports take more time, e.g. IELTS test results are delivered after thirteen days.
- If you are one of those who dislike human raters and their tendency to be subjective and judgmental of your appearance or race, choose PTE Academic. Pearson established itself as a reliable testing facility, thanks to the help of its automatic scoring system which produces accurate and objective results.
- If you are one of those who is tech-savvy or someone who has excellent typing skills, then PTE Academic is for you. Responses are either audio-recorded or typewritten. If you have a typing speed of 50 WPM or above, the odds are in your favor.
- If you are one of those who hates waiting for the next available schedule, here’s good news for you. In Australia, PTE Academic is conducted as frequently as four times a week and three to four times per day.
- If you are one of those who prefer same day schedule for all sections, PTE Academic will not let you down. The speaking section of IELTS is conducted on another test date, usually a day or two before the written exam. If you are from the countryside and do not want to travel twice for the grueling exam, you might want to choose PTE Academic. All sections will be taken during a three-hour period.
Not convinced? Learn why PTE is becoming popular, Why Has PTE Become Popular.
Listen to this Episode of the EasyPTE Podcast:
Click ‘Play’ below to hear the episode. When you’re done, subscribe using the links to the right to get access to all our episodes! Or simply search for ‘EasyPTE’ wherever you get your podcasts.