The PTE Academic Test Taker Score Report will show a candidate’s overall score and score per communicative and enabling skill. The automated scoring system of PTE Academic incorporates complex algorithms; hence, the overall score is not based on communicative skills alone nor computed solely from the enabling skills scores.
Responses are scored using either of these two methods:
- Correct or Incorrect. One point will be awarded for every correct answer. An incorrect answer is equivalent to zero points, not a negative score.
- Partial credit. Points will be given for correct responses. All incorrect answers will be deducted from the points earned for correct ones. If all answers are wrong, no points will be given.
The workflow that follows illustrates the PTE Academic scoring pattern.
Based on the diagram, points can be earned for the following traits:
- Content (existence and relevance of response)
- Form (adherence to the task’s guidelines)
- Applicable enabling skill
In below tables, the PTE Academic tasks are classified according to the skills that are demonstrated in each task.
Points earned from the tasks that fall under each communicative skill contribute to the total points that will be reported for that skill.
Points earned from the tasks that fall under each enabling skill contribute to the total points that will be reported for that skill.
For more information about the PTE Academic score report, download the PTE Academic Score Guide at Score Guide.
Listen to this Episode of the EasyPTE Podcast:
Click ‘Play’ below to hear the episode. When you’re done, subscribe using the links to the right to get access to all our episodes! Or simply search for ‘EasyPTE’ wherever you get your podcasts.